If seniors are in need of constant care, there are other options available besides sending them to a nursing home or assisted living facility. Choosing between live-in and hourly care, depending on your loved one’s needs, can offer some independence as well as the comfort of aging in place. Though this information can differ depending on the provider, here are a few of the differences between live-in and hourly care, brought to you by the senior care experts at Home Care Scottsdale.
- Care is sometimes split between two caregivers, each taking on a 12-hour shift
- Some providers may have a caregiver stay an entire 24-hour shift, including sleep, then switch with another caregiver the following day
- A caregiver will constantly be with your loved one
- Services are often billed at a flat rate
- Though there are degrees of independence involved, this can decrease simply because someone else must be around at all times to provide care
- Firm in its scheduling
- Some customization may be available depending on the provider, while others have more rigid scheduling
- Care is provided on an as-needed basis, typically with a minimum of 4 hours per day
- Scheduling can occur just a day or two per week or a few hours every day of the week
- There will only be a caregiver around your loved one during the designated hours, though general availability is usually 24/7
- Services are billed at an hourly rate
- Seniors are allowed more independence
- Flexible and able to be modified to meet different schedules
- Customized care plans
Every senior has different needs, and your loved one may require constant monitoring or just need assistance around the house for a few hours a day. Home Care Assistance provides hourly and live-in care Scottsdale families can trust and believe in. Our caregivers are available during flexible hours of the day or 24/7 to assist with mobility challenges, light housekeeping, bathing and grooming, meal preparation, and a wide array of other tasks. For information on our specific live-in and hourly care policies, call one of our friendly Care Managers today at (480) 771-2710 to schedule a free in-home consultation.